We are pleased to announce that we are working with the Section8 program, however at this time only on a portion of our homes.
- If you see one of our homes and you have a Section 8 voucher, please ask one of our leasing agents if the home you are interested in is participating in the Section 8 program.
- You must be able to show proof of your voucher.
- Even though CMHA conducts their only application process, Section 8 applicants are still required to pay a non-refundable application fee and authorize their credit and background information to Transunion as part of our standard application process. Tenants may also be responsible for a down payment which is available througout the PRC PROGRAM.
- Once approved, we will meet with you at the property to fill out the required Section 8 packet that you should have been provided.
- At that time we can expect 7-21 days for the inspection to be scheduled by CMHA. We have no control in this process, please contact CMHA if you feel this process is taking too long.
- No Section 8 approved applicants will be able to move into the property until the Inspection has been completed, approved, and the Owner has accepted the contract rent price offered by CMHA.
***Tenants are responsible for paying all utilities, including water, electric, gas, cable. They are also to maintain the landscaping unless residing in a multi unit property. Section 8 tenants must have income to prove that they can pay for utilities if section 8 will not pay for them.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Section 8 process, please contact the Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority at 614-421-6000.